We are often confused between natural, ayurvedic, and organic products. Do you know the difference between them? Also, many of us do not understand if herbal and Ayurvedic products are the same as organic products or if they are different. This blog will help you to learn and understand the difference.
Below is a simplified classification of all of these categories of products so that you can make the right choice.
- The word Herbal originated from the medieval Latin liber herbals.
- Herbal products are made of plant extracts, flowers, plant roots, leaves, etc., and used as per their properties.
- These products are also useful for improving one’s health and have various therapeutic benefits.
- Using herbal products on your skin and hair according to your problems helps you to fight them most effectively.
- All herbal products are claimed to be free of chemicals but pesticides are used for growing the plant.
- Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that means “life knowledge”,
- Ayurvedic products are known for their natural ways to treat conditions.
- Ayurvedic products originate from ancient medical science.
- Ayurvedic products are made from herbs and heavy metals etc. It contains heavy metals like sulfur, gold, silver, tin, copper, mercury, and even some animal ingredients.
- Natural Products are made from plants and minerals.
- Natural products are made from nature-driven ingredients petroleum or mineral oil.
- These products are free of preservatives, synthetic fragrances, and other additives.
- However, other chemicals are used to enhance these natural ingredients including pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
- Organic products are made from natural ingredients.
- The ingredients are derived from plants and are grown using methods like biodiversity conservation, cultural integration, and ecological balance.
- These products do not contain any kind of harmful chemicals, pesticides, artificial colors, preservatives, fragrances, and are processed minimally.
- For organic products, healthy fertile soil is developed to replace nutrients from the land with previous crops, Compost is added to the soil.
- Organic products are cruelty-free which means they are not tested on animals.
Let's make it more clear.
Are Natural and Organic skincare products the same?
If you think natural and organic products are the same the answer is no. Natural products are made with ingredients derived from nature but they might contain artificial ingredients that can’t be grown naturally. Whereas organic products ensure 100% purity they undergo rigorous testing. These products are supervised by certified bodies such as Nature, EcoCert, OneCert, which makes these beauty products incredibly 100% safe to use.
Are Organic and Herbal skincare products the same?
Organic products are also derived from various plants and extracts, just like the herbal. The only difference between an herbal product and an organic one is that the latter contains ingredients that are grown without the addition of any chemicals, pesticides, or additives. Herbal products are completely free from all the harmful chemicals as they are naturally derived.
Are Natural and Ayurvedic skincare products the same?
Natural products are made with ingredients derived from nature but they might contain artificial ingredients, chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides that may be used to grow them. Whereas Ayurveda is one of the most ancient ways of treating one’s health and body. It is known to use ingredients that are mostly based on plant, fruit, leaf, flower, seed, bark, and many more. It is target-specific meant to cure particular problems and treatments.
So now that the basic difference between Herbal, Natural, Organic and Ayurvedic products has been in front of you, you are ready to choose the right product!